20140418

Experiment 23 Love and Light

[144.325] #HeSaidSheSaid #NaPoWriMo April 2014
*Formatting this poem for various platform presentations is better done in cells, better viewed at 800px. 30 sets for 30 days of NaPoWriMo, done!  (: 


He said too much
About himself and love
The darkness that he is
Draws her

She said too little
About herself and life
The radiance that she is
Attracts him

He said, “Hallo.”
Not quite so bold
Anything is possible
In his heart

She said, “Hi.”
Not really that shy
Everything is possible
In her mind

He said, “Once more.”
He is willing
There is much
To be faithful

She said, “Never again.”
She is mulling
There is little
To be hopeful

He said, “Why?”
Haunting reasons accumulate
Like snow
Smothering

She said, “How?”
Lingering doubt escalates
Like fire
Smoldering

He said, “I wish.”
Someone will take care of this
Victimized, unwanted
They owe me

She said, “I think.”
Someone can look after this
Overwhelmed, neglected
They own me

He said, “I don’t need you.”
But you require my touch
Warmly ardent yet
Tensed in expectation

She said, “I don’t want you.”
But you covet my feelings
Coolly gentle yet
Stressed by expectation

He said, “Be happier.”
For what is enough
When you get more
From me everyday

She said, “Be contented.”
For it is enough
When you need less
Of me every time
He said, “Trust me.”
His is thick with scars
Of wounds and bruises
Healed and imagined

She said, “Believe me.”
Hers is filled with stories
Of dreams and terrors
Vivid and unreal

He said, “If only.”
Depression
Torn in two
By desire and abuse

She said, “Not only.”
Repression
Broken in two
By passion and anger

He said, “Whatever.”
An extroverted grin
So easy, untroubled
If only she confided

She said, “However.”
An introverted smile
Uneasy, troubled
If only he confessed

He said, “I should.”
Turn towards peace
Letting go, rejection
To be lovable

She said, “I could.”
Turn away chaos
Letting in, acceptance
To be available

He said, “See you soon.”
He felt oddly excited
To be a counterbalance
Of her nature

She said, “Meet you later.”
She felt strangely calm
To be in balance
With his nature

He said, “Kiss me.”
His lips melted into hers
Eyes half-closed
Before her face

She said, “Hold me.”
Her body molded into his
Eyes half-opened
Behind his back

He said, “Come with me.”
He is fearless
Possessive maybe
Giving up too soon

She said, “Stay with me.”
She is afraid
Obsessive maybe
Giving in too late

He said, “This is she.”
My better half
Whom angels guard
We are complete

She said, “This is he.”
My other self
Whom angels guide
We are whole

Notes:
Yes, it took some 20+ days to formulate this poetic experiment; yes, it is inspired by someone close and closer. (With gratitude and thanks for this.) It is not easy to accept ourselves as we are, and that makes it much harder to accept others for who they are. Allowing ourselves and others to be free from projected expectations; giving compassionate acceptance to ourselves and others. The varying conditions of life becomes our strength to openly support each other to grow. This is the beauty, the poetry of Love and Light.
 

Free Blog Counter