20120229

Letters to R

[123.11] Rainbows Connected

"The Rainbow Connection" 1979
Why are there so many songs about rainbows? What's on the other side? Rainbows are visions, but only illusions and rainbows have nothing to hide. So we've been told and some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong, wait and see. Who said that every wish would be heard and answered. When wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that and someone believed it. Look what it's done so far. What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing? What do we think we might see? All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic. Have you been half-asleep and have you heard voices? I've heard them calling my name. Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors? The voice might be one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it. It's something that I'm supposed to be. Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection - the lovers, the dreamers, and me.
For nine years, I watched the skies daily, surrounded by 720 acres of textured wide open space, accompanied by journalists and photographers - part of my awesome media life that I thoroughly enjoyed. A whisper of changing winds, a brush of moving clouds, and I know when rain is coming. Full rainbows, double rainbows, even irregular, non-spherical rainbows often appear; As do solar and lunar haloes.

I watch plants and people grow, flowers and dreams bloom, waters and emotions rise and fall.All honing my instincts to feel nature, to notice tipping points and how the universe shifts to find balance within its chaotic worlds. Magical moments in silence, watching how colours glow and fade. I learn that rainbows appear after stormy times, that a crystal must fracture to produce its internal rainbow. As we suffer the storms of life-shattering events, so our rainbows within shine..
 

Free Blog Counter